The Buckeyes will be without Young.
Ohio State University announced Chase Young will miss Saturday’s tilt against Maryland.
“Ohio State’s Chase Young will not play in this Saturday’s game between the Buckeyes and the Maryland Terrapins due to a possible NCAA issue from 2018 that the Department of Athletics is looking into,” the school said in a statement obtained by NFL.com.
It’s unclear just how Chase’s absence will affect the Buckeyes.
Young issued the following statement on Twitter:
“Unfortunately, I won’t be playing this week because of an NCAA eligibility issue. I made a mistake last year by accepting a loan from a family friend I’ve known since the summer before my freshman year at OSU. I repaid it in full last summer and I’m working with the University and NCAA to get back on the field as soon as possible. I want to thank my family, teammates, coaches and the whole Ohio State community for all the love and support. God bless and go Bucks!”
The Dolphins are without their RB this week.
Dolphins running back Mark Walton has been suspended four games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy, the league announced this week. According to reports, the suspension comes after numerous infractions.
“We have been in communication with the NFL regarding Mark’s suspension,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores said in a team statement. “The conduct of our players is very important and Mark has done everything we have asked of him both on and off the field since signing with the Dolphins. We look forward to having him back at the conclusion of his suspension.”
Walton, who has rushed for 201 yards on 53 carries this season, joined the team in the offseason following his release from the Bengals.
“As most of you know, I was involved in some incidents this offseason that I am now receiving a 4-game suspension for,” Walton said in a statement released Monday by his agent. “I want to apologize to the Miami Dolphins, the fans, my friends and family and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want to thank the Dolphins for giving me this opportunity and will make the most of this chance as a person and player when I return.”
Ex-ice skater Tonya Harding made a comeback on the red carpet with Margot Robbie at the premiere of the movie ‘I, Tonya’ Tuesday night.
Ex-olympic ice skater Tonya Harding, was warmly welcomed at Tuesday’s premiere of the dark comedy about her life on and off the rink, I, Tonya starring Margot Robbie as Harding.
Robbie, 27, who posed and laughed in pictures with Harding, 47, at the Los Angeles movie premiere, described meeting the former ice skater as “amazing” to People magazine.
The once disgraced olympian also met and posed with the rest of the cast, including Sebastian Stan, who plays Harding’s ex-husband Jeff Gillooly, and Allison Janney, who portrays LaVona Fay Golden, Harding’s mother.
“Wow, this is incredible,” Janney told People.
The film tells the story of Harding’s rough life growing up with her overbearing mother in Oregon, then delves into the scandal that made her a notorious in the sports world: a plot led by her ex Gillooly to injure rival skater Nancy Kerrigan so that she would not be able to compete in the 1994 Winter Olympics.
Gillooly, Harding’s body-guard, and the hired hitman all served prison time for their involvement with the scheme. Harding denied being a part of the attack but was sentenced a $100,000 fine and served three years of probation. She was also banned from the U.S. Figure Skating Association for life.
After the screening of the film at the Egyptian Theatre, Harding took to the stage and received a standing ovation from the audience.
I, Tonya premieres in select movie theaters Dec. 8.
Thai’s 12-member soccer team and their coach who were rescued from a flooded cave are set for their first public appearance.
Thai’s 12-member soccer team and their coach who were rescued from a flooded cave are set for their first public appearance since the incident happened.
The boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 25-year-old coach sparked an international rescue operation after they were trapped inside the flooded Tham Luang cave complex in Chiang Rai. They were hospitalized in Chiang Rai after been rescued.
The Thai government has said they will a lot 45 minutes’ airtime on its “Thailand Moves Forward” for the soccer team’s news conference.
Some Thai television personalities have opined that the boys will help ratings of the otherwise dull television show, which is usually reserved for monotonous conversations about the military government’s performance.
“This is the story all Thais want to hear. Don’t switch it off, don’t put it on mute,” joked a presenter VOICE TV, a television station that is often critical of the military government.
“It should help the Thailand Moves Forward show’s ratings shoot through the roof,” he added
Many of the journalist who had left when the last batch were rescued are already trooping in ahead of the boys’ much anticipated appearance.
The boys, their coach and some rescuers will be asked a series of carefully selected questions that has been submitted in advance, officials said.
“The media know that the children are in a difficult situation, they have overcome peril and if you ask risky questions then it could break the law,” Tawatchai Thaikaew, deputy permanent secretary at the Justice Ministry, told reporters on Wednesday.
The last batch of the 12 member soccer team and their coach have been rescued from a flooded cave in Thailand.
The last batch of the 12 member soccer team and their coach have been rescued from a flooded cave in Thailand, bringing an end to the almost three-week ordeal that stirred an international rescue mission, which captivated hearts of millions around the world.
The twelfth boy and his coach were the last of the team to be rescued Tuesday, after a complicated three-day operation to extricate the team, who were trapped in the cave since June 23 when the rain flood the entrance of the gate and force them inside.
The last 18 days of the operation turned from a local search to a complex rescue operation, involving hundreds of experts who flew in from around the world to help.
It is reported that all the boys and their coach have been transported to a nearby hospital where eight of their teammates are recovering after being rescued Sunday and Monday.
The last of the group to emerge from the cave on Tuesday were four Navy SEALS, including a doctor who stayed with the team for a week after they were discovered.
“We are not sure if this is a miracle, a science, or what. All the thirteen Wild Boars are now out of the cave,” the Thai Navy SEALS said in a Facebook post confirming the entire soccer team had been rescued.
More than two weeks after a 12 boys soccer team and their coach were trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand.
Another batch of four boys have been brought to safety on Monday, more than two weeks after a 12 boys soccer team and their coach were trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand. Pairs of divers guided the boys as they navigate through muddy water and tight passages through the journey out of the cave
Eight out of the 12 boys have now been taken out of the Tham Luang Nang Non cave, according to the Thai navy SEAL group, which has a leading role in the rescue operation. It was reported that four ambulances were seen leaving the area near the cave entrance on Monday, with patients taken to waiting hospitals.
Multiple local media outlets reports that teams of divers will attempt to get the four boys and their 25-year-old coach out of the cave system on Tuesday.
The first rescue operation on Sunday took 11 hours, while Monday’s mission was finished in 9 hours. With this, officials hope the last phase of the extraction would not take more than four to five hours since the teams are getting used to the terrain.
Thai Public Broadcasting says Chiang Rai acting governor Narongsak Osattanakorn attributed the speed gains to “the increased experience with the terrain of the divers, the 100-plus people from different countries who installed the base line and the other support equipment.”
United States military personnel and British divers have joined the rescue team in search of the 12 children.
United States military personnel and British divers have joined the rescue team in search of the 12 children and their soccer coach trapped for five days in a flooded cave in northern Thailand as heavy overnight rains made the search complicated.
According to officials, the flood water had overflowed into a second chamber of the Tham Luang cave and forced some of the rescue divers to turn back.
The children, aged between 11 and 16, were a member of a football team. They went into the cave Saturday and were trapped when heavy rains blocked the major entrance.
Some 1,000 Navy SEAL divers, police, soldiers, border guards and officials have been mobilized for the rescue, which is in a remote and mountainous part of Chiang Rai province close to Laos and Myanmar borders.
A team of American military personnel from the U.S. Pacific Command, together with pararescue and survival specialist, arrived at the place overnight to assist rescue operations, according to the embassy spokeswoman Jillian Bonnardeaux.
“Operators are trained in personnel recovery tactics and techniques and procedures,” she told AFP.
“Essentially what they’re looking at is assessing with the Thai authorities the potential courses of action and complementing the efforts underway.”
Three British cave diving experts also made another effort at entering the cave through chimneys on Thursday after they had attempted going in through the main entrance a day before but were turned around by the rushing flood waters.
At almost six miles, Tham Luang cave is one of the longest in the Thailand and is known to be one of the toughest, even among experienced divers.
China and Australia are the latest countries after the United States of America and Britain to join the search for 12-member soccer team.
China and Australia are the latest countries after the United States of America and Britain to join the search for 12-member soccer team missing in a Thai cave, as divers on Sunday closed in on the spot where they believe the teens are sheltering.
Eight days ago, the boys and their 25-year-old soccer coach went missing during an outing in the caves in northern Thailand. Their disappearance caused over 1,000 people from Thai emergency services, the US Military and British cave experts to begin an international rescue operation in an effort to save them.
The missing boys, with their coach, are seen here in a photo taken from the coach’s Facebook page.
It is been reported that divers are now closing in on the spot where they believe the missing boys and their coach are sheltering in the Tham Luang Nang Non cave system.
According to Chiang Rai province governor Narongsak Osatanakorn, water from the flooded cave has receded in recent day, and has given rescue teams access to gain ground.
In addition, oxygen tanks have been installed at 25-meter junctures for divers to use, and a water pumping machine was also being deployed added Osatanakorn.
Heavy rains had earlier hindered the rescue operation, as the caves became extremely dark and muddy.
A medical assessment of the 12 boys and their football coach stuck in a cave in Northern Thailand.
A medical assessment of the 12 boys and their football coach stuck in a cave in Northern Thailand has concluded that it is too dangerous to try to move the group out Thursday, says a member of the Thai Navy Seals who spoke to the media on the condition of anonymity.
The Seals have also started to pump oxygen into the chamber.
In addition, a new doctor’s report highlighted that two of the boys and their coach were suffering with exhaustion from malnutrition.
As at Thursday, fresh details of the undergoing operation at the Tham Luang Nang Non to free the team were emerging, as rescuers pushed ahead with multiple plans to extricate the group trapped underground for almost two weeks.
With heavy rain forecasted for this weekend, rescuers are under pressure to formulate a plan to extract the boys before flood waters rise any higher.
Although huge volumes of water are being pumped out of the cave complex each day, yet the narrow, winding passages inside are still flooded, meaning diving through the murky water is currently the only way in and out.
Rescuers entering the cave complex have to navigate the dark, flooded tunnels for six hours to reach the team. It takes another five hours to return to the entrance.
Authorities began search for 12 members of a youth football team who were believed to be trapped in a cave in northern Thailand.
Authorities began search for 12 members of a youth football team who were believed to be trapped in a cave in northern Thailand.
The boys aged 11 and 16, alongside their coach entered the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Chiang Rai province on Saturday. Authorities said they were apparently trapped inside the cave due to a heavy rain that flooded a stream at the cave entrance.
The cave is a tourist attraction, which runs for many kilometers underground.
According to the Bangkok Post newspaper, visitors must pass through a small stream to enter Tham Luang Nang Non, making it inaccessible if the stream floods.
Police Colonel Komsan Saardluan who spoke to AP news agency said that the cave can flood up to 5m (16ft) during Thailand’s rainy season, which normally runs from June to October.
The football team members and their 25-year-old coach are believed to have entered the cave on Saturday afternoon.
By Saturday evening, they were reported missing since no one knew their whereabouts. Rescue workers who began searching for them found their bicycles along with sports equipment outside the cave.
Defense Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan said divers from the Royal Thai Navy reached the cave ON Monday.
Other local TV stations quoted the province’s deputy governor, Pasakorn Booyalak, as saying he was confident the 13 were still alive after the divers found foot and hand prints on dry ground inside the cave in an area not reached by water.