Fulham breaks transfer record, signs five new players

The Cottagers have been actively strengthening their squad, finalizing a busy transfer by the deadline with five new signings in preparation for Premier League life.

Professional football club Fulham has completed four signings on deadline day as they reinforced their team for a first Premier League drive since 2014. The Cottagers signed goalkeeper Sergio Rico and forward left-back Joe Bryan on permanent deals, as well as securing Atletico Madrid forward Luciano Vietto on a season-long investment.

Reaching a club record deal of $38M USD ( £30M) for Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, club sources report that the contract was closed shortly before a two-hour transfer extension expired. ​

Notably, Anguissa, 22, is an exciting central midfielder bought from Marseille and a Cameroon international.

Dutch professional footballer Timothy Fosu-Mensah arose as a late target and sealed a last-minute season-long loan after being convinced to join the club by Slavisa Jokanovic.

“Fulham has a lot of good players, and it’s good for my development to be here. I spoke to the Manager and he gave me a good feeling”, Fosu-Mensah stated.

Touting one Spanish cap, Rico was described by Fulham’s sporting director Tony Khan as a “world class goalkeeper” and said of his move to west London “I’m very happy, really pleased to have signed for the oldest club in the Premier League. I’m excited to start training, to meet all my teammates and, above all, to enjoy the season that starts this Saturday.”

Bryan, who played against the Cottagers for Bristol City last season, said, “The opportunity to play in the Premier League is one you can’t turn down as you may never get it again in your lifetime. I’m used to playing fast attacking football, so hopefully I can slot right in.”

According to Independent UK, Vietto joins on loan from Atletico Madrid looking to recapture the form that made him one of Europe’s most in-demand young strikers and is still only 24.

Vietto, who has previously been on loan at Sevilla and Valencia, said, “It’s an important change for me because this is my first experience here in England. I hope to do as well as possible. I’m very happy to come to the club and sign.”

Dennis Rodman makes Pearl Jam concert appearance

Rodman thanked the crowd and said that he was thankful for the continued support he was receiving as he unofficially works as a U.S. ambassador to North Korea.

Dennis Rodman appeared on stage at a Pearl Jam concert at Wrigley Field this weekend, according to TMZ.

Rodman thanked the crowd and said that he was thankful for the continued support he was receiving as he unofficially works as a U.S. ambassador to North Korea.

“You people here are the only people on this plane Earth [that] gave me support,” he said. “Thank all you guys!” He also promised that when he died, he wanted to be buried in Chicago. Eddie Vedder then asked Rodman to postpone his death for as long as possible before Rodman wrapped up his remarks and headed off stage.

Rodman has visited North Korean leader Kim Jong-un several times in the past, claiming that he gave the dictator a copy of President Donald Trump’s book The Art of the Deal as a gift. Rodman called on Trump to meet with Kim Jong-un himself after tensions rose over nuclear weapons in November 2017.

“Please, help us out,” Rodman said at the time. “You always say ‘unite.’ I’m all about that.” He asked Trump to call him directly to discuss plans for a potential visit.

He was especially overjoyed at Trump’s recent meeting with Kim Jong-un, insinuating that his own previous visits had helped lay the groundwork for the historic meeting. Following the encounter, both leaders said it was a productive one.

Judge temporarily halts deportation of reunited families

ACLU attorneys said the delay was necessary because of “persistent and increasing rumors,” which Defendants have refused to deny, that mass deportations may be carried out immediately upon reunification.

A federal judge Monday temporarily halted the deportations of families that have been recently reunited after being separated by the Trump administration, The Hill reported Monday.

San Diego-based Judge Dana Sabraw granted a request from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) at the top of a status hearing on the administration’s efforts to reunite children over 5 years old with their parents.

ACLU attorneys said the delay was necessary because of “persistent and increasing rumors, which Defendants have refused to deny, that mass deportations may be carried out imminently and immediately upon reunification.”

Sabraw gave the government one week to file a brief opposing the request.

The ACLU argued that the week would be necessary for parents to have time to fully consider the decision whether to have their children deported along with them, according to The Hill.

“A one-week stay is a reasonable and appropriate remedy to ensure that the unimaginable trauma these families have suffered does not turn even worse because parents made an uninformed decision about the fate of their child,” the ACLU wrote.

In response, HHS updated its plan to say it no longer needed to use DNA testing to verify parentage, like it did with children under 5, because the older children have better language skills and can communicate with government agents.

HHS officials previously said they wouldn’t be able to meet the court’s deadline for reunification, and if they tried to expedite the process, children would be at risk of being placed with people who weren’t their parents or people who were dangerous criminals.