Dr. Luke slams Kesha allegations; attorney claims ‘trial by Twitter’

Kesha is in the middle of trying to get out of a recording contract.

Dr. Luke is lashing out at Kesha’s supporters through his attorney, claiming he is facing a “trial by Twitter” over allegations he raped the singer.

Dr. Luke, who is 42, is one of the most famous producers in the music business. His career started kicked off in 1997 when he was made the lead guitarist for the Saturday Night Live house band, and he rose to prominence producing remixes for Bon Jovi and Gravediggaz, to name a few artists. His breakout was in 2004 when he produced the Kelly Clarkson hit single “Since U Been Gone.” that would place her in contact with Dr. Luke, who she accused of raping and manipulating her, according to a Reuters report.

The allegations have prompted Taylor Swift to donate $250,000 to Kesha, and other singers like Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Kelly Clarkson, and Ariana Grande have posted messages of support on social media under the hashtag #FreeKesha.

A New York judge ruled on Friday that the 28-year-old singer couldn’t be released from her contract at Sony despite the 2014 sexual assault lawsuit, sparking outrage among her supporters.

But Dr. Luke’s attorney, Christine Lepera, said Kesha’s allegations of rape and emotional abuse are unfounded, and that Dr. Luke was a victim of a “smear campaign.” Dr. Luke countersued in 2014. So far the cases are awaiting trial.

Kesha, formerly known as Ke$ha, rose to prominence as a singer in early 2009 after appearing on Flo Rida’s single “Right Round,” which went to the top of the charts. She found success with her albums Animal and Cannibal, and had two number-one hits in “Tik Tok” and “We R Who We R.” She had a number of top-ten singles as well.

Wendy Williams ordered to take three-week hiatus due to Graves’ Disease

Encore tapings of ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ will be shown during Williams’ hiatus.

Wendy Williams announced that she will be taking a break from The Wendy Williams Show to focus on her health.

On Wednesday, the TV show host, 53, told her audience she was ordered by her doctors to take a three-week break after being diagnosed with Graves’ Disease, which causes the body to produce too much thyroid hormone..

“My doctor has prescribed — are you ready? — three weeks of vacation,” she told viewers after detailing her symptoms, which include difficulty sleeping and irritability. “I was pissed. Encore performances, really?”

Williams also addressed comments that something was wrong after she appeared to have twitchy eyes on-air in a previous broadcast. “Graves’ disease squeezes the muscles behind the eyeballs,” Williams explained.

“Wendy is a true champion and has never missed a day of work. But her health and well-being must be put before all else. Wendy has been openly dealing with her Graves’ disease for many years in addition to hyperthyroidism,” a show representative told US Weekly, “The show will be in repeats during this unplanned hiatus. A live show was produced today so that Wendy could speak directly to her fans and explain her condition.”

Williams’ health update comes only a week after she took three days off from the talk show while experiencing flu-like symptoms. She previously had a health scare on-air in October 2017 when she fainted during her live Halloween episode.

The radio and television personality had an important message for her viewers on Wednesday: “What I want to say to women, more than men, is stop putting everyone first because if we’re not good, they’re not good,” she said.

Amanda Bynes plans on making a comeback in 2018

Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes says she’s ready to make an acting comeback in 2018– she’s just waiting for the right role.

Since taking a break from the spotlight in 2013 to deal with personal mental health issues and run-ins with the law, Amanda Bynes has stated that she plans on making a comeback in the New Year.

“Amanda is looking forward to ringing in the new year with her close friends this year,” Bynes’ lawyer Nyree Kolanjian told Us Weekly on Thursday, “In 2018, she looks forward to completing fashion school and dipping her toe back into acting. She has had several offers but is waiting for the right one to come along for a comeback.”

The former child star currently attends the Los Angeles Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, and this past summer Bynes, 31, regained control of her finances after her mother Lynn petitioned the court to hand them back to her.

“The court felt, based on Amanda’s progress and her great relationship with her parents, there was no longer a need for court supervision of Amanda’s money and she and her family can handle her financial affairs privately,” her lawyer told People magazine.

From 1999-2002 Bynes starred in the Nickelodeon hit The Amanda Show and sitcom What I like About You from 2002-2006, before transitioning to movie rolls like She’s the Man and Hairspray. Her last on-camera role was in Easy A alongside Emma Stone in 2010.

Bynes gave her first interview in four years to Hollyscoop’s Diana Madison in June.

“I do miss acting, and I actually have something surprising to tell you: I’m going to start acting again,” Bynes told Diana, “I want to do TV, maybe a few guest spots on a show that I’m a fan of and maybe another TV show where I’m the star of in the future.”  

Alaska coastal towns endangered by rising sea levels as climate-change aid dries up

Shishmaref’s residents voted in August to relocate to the mainland, but they have no funding to do so. Newtok requested federal funds in January to help its residents relocate but has so far been left emptyhanded.

The Trump administration’s rejection of climate change science isn’t getting a warm reception on the Alaskan coast. Rising sea levels are already flooding and may eventually completely submerge a string of towns and villages throughout the region, according to local and federal officials, who said that Trump’s systematic defunding of “climate-adaptation” programs that help communities cope with climate change’s impacts make their situation even worse.

The Army Corps of Engineers lists 31 Alaskan communities as being in “imminent” existential danger from coastline erosion, flooding, and other consequences of warming temperatures. Several communities—Kivalina, Newtok, Shashmaref, and Shaktoolik—are in so much peril that their entire populations will need to be relocated to higher ground.

Shishmaref’s residents voted in August to relocate to the mainland, but they have no funding to do so. Newtok requested federal funds in January to help its residents relocate but has so far been left emptyhanded.

The Denali Commission, an Anchorage-based agency, has been developing plans to safeguard or relocate many threatened Alaska towns. The commission is one of many climate-adaptation programs that the Obama administration supported as a means to help communities cope with climate change’s impacts.

The Trump administration has moved to defund and dismantle most of these programs, however, according to Joel Clement, an Interior department official, told the Guardian. Clement had been working with Alaskan communities on climate adaptation until the new Trump-appointed Interior leadership reassigned him to a completely different position. He has filed a formal complaint protesting the reassignment.
“We were getting down to the brass tacks of relocation [of towns at risk] and now work has just stopped,” Clement told the Guardian.

A Dog’s Purpose cast defends film against boycotts

People involved with the film, A Dog’s Purpose, are now defending the film against boycotts from animal rights groups.

People involved with the film, A Dog’s Purpose, are now defending the film against boycotts from animal rights groups.

After video on set was released of a German Shepherd being forced into water and submerging before being rescued, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals called for a boycott of the film and suggested that Hollywood no longer use live animals in films. Actor, Josh Gad, released a statement decrying the treatment of the animal, but coworkers on the film, writer, W. Bruce Cameron, and actor, Dennis Quaid, dismissed the overreaction to the video.

“The dog was fine,” said Quaid on the Wednesday airing of NBC program Today. “This was a piece of video that was shot during the making of this. Some unknown person at the time. He also spliced, edited and manipulated that to make it look as if the dog was being abused. The dog had been in that water happily, and even afterwards too.”

Birds and Animals Unlimited, who hired the dog, named Hercules, said that it was hired for its affinity for water. According to BAU, the dog had trained in similar pools for months and had shown no problems.

“We take extraordinary steps to ensure the safety of animals, starting long before a film starts shooting with a rigorous script review, detailed inspection of the sets and environment where animals will be, and on-set monitoring by trained certified animal safety representatives,” read a statement from Mark Stubis, a spokesman for the American Humane Association.

HBO, Game of Thrones cast suffer a string of online hacks

Nikolai Coster-Waldau, who plays the prince Jaime Lannister on the show, told the Daily Beast that one HBO’s executives called him several weeks ago to tell him that his info had been compromised.

HBO suffered a cyber-attack Wednesday that caused strange “security alert” messages to clutter up every one of its social media pages. The messages purported to be from Ourmine, a “white hat” hacker group known for infiltrating systems in order to point out where they are susceptible to sabotage—not to sabotage the systems themselves.

While the attack did not cause any lasting harm, it follows another recent and more malicious hack that stole 1.5 terabytes of company data, including network executives’ emails, TV scripts, and unreleased episodes of Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and other shows. In addition, the hackers stole all of the personal information of every cast member of HBO’s mega-hit Game of Thrones.

Nikolai Coster-Waldau, who plays the prince Jaime Lannister on the show, told the Daily Beast that one HBO’s executives called him several weeks ago to tell him that his info had been compromised. “They go, ‘You know, we just want to inform you that we had a hack. It’s kind of a big problem with HBO. We don’t know quite how bad it is, but it looks like all of your guys’ info has been leaked.’ And I went, What? And they said, ‘Oh, your emails, your phone numbers, all of the info is out there,’” he said.

The hackers have been leaking some of their stolen content and are threatening to release more. They demand that HBO pay them $7 million if it wants them to stop.

This isn’t the first time hackers have successfully targeted Game of Thrones. In 2015, the fifth season’s first four episodes made it online without any actor or studio executives’ authorization.